St. Stephen, Martyr invites you to pray and worship with us EVERY Tuesday Night from 7:00-8:30pm in the sanctuary.
Please check the calendar for updates.
The “Upper Room” Prayer Fellowship, formally known as “Divine Mercy Prayer Meeting, is a “Charismatic” Christian prayer group of “like-minded” men and women who to “GO AND MAKE DISCPLES!” A desire to praise and worship God, thirsting for, and internalizing the truths of the faith, seeking a deeper sense and awe of God, openness to a keen awareness of the omnipresence of God, love for the sacred scriptures, a zeal for the seven sacraments, a heart to evangelize and spread the good news of Jesus Christ, a zeal for unity (John 17 “May they all be one,” a passion for fellowship and building community, a hunger to become a “saint,” and an openness to express and use the “charisms” of the Holy Spirit in order to build up the kingdom of God, all while honoring and creating a personal relationship with the Triune God. This prayer fellowship is under the pastoral leadership of by Father Brian Rafferty and established under the magisterial teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. We are committed to a way of “corporal” prayer-life, guided by the power of the Holy Spirit just like the Apostles did over 2000 years ago.
- 7:00 PM TO 7:05 PM = “OPENING PRAYER – WELCOMING EVERYONE”
- 7:05 PM TO 7:25 PM = “PRAISE & WORSHIP SONGS” – “SPONTANEOUS PRAISE”
- 7:25 PM TO 7:40 PM = “USING SPIRITUAL GIFTS, SHARING, SACRED SCRIPTURE”
- 7:40 PM TO 8:00 PM = “THE TEACHING OR PRESENTATION”
- 8:00 PM TO 8:10 PM = “A BRIEF TIME OF INTERCESSORY PRAYER REQUESTS”
- 8:10 PM TO 8:15 PM = “FINAL SONG”
- 8:15 PM TO 8:25 PM = “INVITE ANYONE TO BE PRAYED WITH COME FORWARD”
- 8:30 PM = “CLOSE”
Note: The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be sung every 4th Thursday of the month.
QUESTIONS: CONTACT – Scott Turbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A “UPPER ROOM” PRAYER FELLOWSHIP:
- WEEK 1 = REGULAR, PRAYER FELLOWSHIP
- WEEK 2 = TEACHING, PRAYER FELLOWSHIP
- WEEK 3 = FELLOWSHIP, PRAYER FELLOWSHIP
- WEEK 4 = PRAYING WITH PEOPLE, PRAYER FELLOWSHIP